Business Development Executive
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Working hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 UK hours
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Director
Start Date: 05/02/2024
Salary: £25k basic salary + £25k commission, plus benefits
Elevate your career with FinanSys, a trailblazing company boasting a 25-year track record in innovation. The pioneers of a next gen finance automation software, we’re determined to become
leaders of finance automation and robotic accounting. We invite you to be part of this first-of-its-kind software and forge the path for the future of finance.
Our company ethos is centered around our staff and based on three pillars:
- Happiness: Employee happiness is very important to us and as a management team we ensure the decisions we take help employees to thrive in the workplace. This focus on our staff
provides our clients with unparalleled service.
- Security: FinanSys is funded by years of reserve building without the need for investors or the need to sell the business. This allows us to provide continuity and security for staff and customers. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been able to avoid putting any of our team
members on furlough.
- Longevity: FinanSys is here to stay for the longer term. Given the financial stability of the company, it allows us to make decisions with a long-term view in mind. This has led to an impressive track record of industry firsts and innovative solutions for our customers and employees.
About the role
Are you an accounting professional looking for a thrilling career transition?
Do you have 2+ years of accounting experience and an AAT Level 3 or 4 qualification (or equivalent)? If
so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We’re in search of Business Development Executives who are ready to unleash their accounting expertise into the realm of modern technology and automated finance systems to disrupt and change
As a BDE, you will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between traditional finance and business processes and cutting-edge financial technology. Your mission is to leverage your financial acumen to
promote and sell our innovative FinanSys Apps platform to enterprises seeking to revolutionise their finance and business operations. You’ll be at the forefront of a transformative movement, enabling
businesses to optimise their financial processes, minimise manual efforts, and drive growth.
- Gather, understand and interpret customer requirements regarding finance and business
- Provide customers with a conceptual overview of our finance and business automation
- Apply customer requirements to our finance and business automation technology and provide
the customer with a solution proposal
- Negotiate the solution proposal for successful sign off with the customer
- Build relationships and guide the customer in the decision making process to choose our
technology based on our unique selling points
- Work with internal team members to ensure the successful adoption of our technology with
- Achieve your annual sales target through successful delivery of projects
- Manage customer relationships to ensure our technology has user adoption and upsell
accordingly to help achieve your target
About the candidate
- Highly goal oriented and possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Have an aptitude for sales and spotting business opportunities
- Possess good knowledge (or be willing to learn about) our financial software solutions
- Be comfortable in a target-driven environment and work to overcome any barriers that would prevent targets being met
- Be able to demonstrate good time management and planning skills
- Minimum level 3 or level 4 AAT qualified
- 2+ years of finance and accounting experience
- Passion for technology and ability to configure finance and related business systems, and
explain the complex in simple terms
- People person – ability to communicate at all levels from CEO/CFO to end users and being able
to empathise with their requirements
- Target driven to be able to meet and exceed your sales targets and go the extra mile where
required for the customer/business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
A passion for technology and an eagerness to learn and adapt
No agencies or recruiters please
Ready to apply?
We build our interview process around our candidates. The number and format of interviews that you’ll go through will be personalised to your skillset and the type of role that you’re looking for.
We want to give everyone the best chance at representing their abilities.
Everyone starts with one or two phone interviews, and if we think there’s a fit, we’ll invite you onsite for a round of in-person interviews.