Life & Peace Institute is an international peacebuilding organisation founded in 1982. The organisation currently has operations in six countries including Sweden, Sudan, Kenya, and Ethiopia.
The institute had been using accounting software that did not efficiently meet their requirements, resulting in manual data manipulation and causing delays in reporting.
With donations from global donors coupled with the challenge of effectively managing resources to meet the organisation’s goals across different countries, Life & Peace Institute had very specific accounting needs:
- Being an international organisation with multiple operations in different countries, they needed a reliable financial management system with a multi-company and multi-entity setup.
- They needed a system with support for complex donor reporting and multi-currency functionality — that is, a tool that supports different reporting requirements in different currencies.
- They also needed a system that could segregate/ aggregate data, so they could break down data per donor’s reporting needs.
- They wanted automation functions such as for data entry. They use Excel to upload data and so needed a system that had this flexibility.
- Finally, the institute needed a system with multidimensions per transaction string. They needed 9 of these strings and SunSystems provided them all, unlike other FMS software.
The next step was making a decision on who to pick as their SunSystems implementation partner.
As a trusted SunSystems provider, FinanSys’ track record of successful projects combined with decades of experience and deep knowledge of the not-for-profit industry, amongst others, made it easy for Life and Peace Institute to make a choice of a SunSystems Partner.
After the project implementation, the peacebuilding organisation were so happy and pleased with how well FinanSys handled the project that they kindly decided to talk about their experience with us.
“It’s more of a partnership than a service provider and we’re on a journey together and sharing the experience together.”
Chief Financial Officer, Aderemi Sotunbo FCCA at Life & Peace