FinanSys is a full-service provider of financial accounting and business management software solutions. Although the company is headquartered in London, FinanSys currently has offices in 6 countries including United Kingdom, Indonesia, Nigeria, Egypt, and Czechia, making FinanSys a truly global company.
As an international company, FinanSys has served over 200 organisations ranging from small businesses to multinational corporations across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas, spanning 39 countries and dozens of industries.
How FinanSys Started
FinanSys was started in 1998 by Erol Kagan who is now the company’s Managing Director. He started the company as a consulting firm with the objective of successfully implementing financial systems for organisations and providing affordable and outstanding customer service for users of the SunSystems accounting software.
Erol’s accounting, finance, and systems background helped him form the core foundation of FinanSys. The consultative and value-added approach runs through every department which ensures customers receive the best levels of service. Erol founded the company with a set of values that underpin how the company operates: integrity, customer focus, service excellence and a commitment to both employees and clients.
FinanSys Corporate Ethos
FinanSys is not just a company; it’s a family.
The company has strived to build an ethos in which staff are treated like family, thus fostering a sense of being part of a “family business” that is dependable, reliable, and full of expertise.
This has been most aptly expressed in FinanSys’ corporate values, which are as follows:
- Happiness: Employee happiness is very important to the management team at FinanSys. The company ensures that employees thrive in the workplace. In turn, this focus on the company’s staff provides clients with unparalleled service.
- Security: FinanSys is funded by years of reserve building without the need for investors or the need to sell the business. This allows the company to provide continuity and security for staff and customers. During the Covid-19 pandemic, FinanSys have been able to avoid putting any of their team members on furlough.
- Longevity: FinanSys is here to stay for the longer term. Given the financial stability of the company, it allows Management to make decisions with a long-term view in mind. This has led to an impressive track record of industry firsts and innovative solutions for FinanSys’ customers and employees.
FinanSys Industry Firsts
Erol’s passion for financial management and ERP solutions is regularly demonstrated through FinanSys’ adoption of new advances in the industry ahead of other providers.
FinanSys has always strived to be at the cutting edge, leading to many industry firsts, including:
- the first implementation of SunSystems Version 6
- the first implementation of SunSystems’ Intelligent Open Network (ION) integration platform
- the first UK SunSystems partner to offer a fully managed cloud environment supported and maintained by a single provider, making us a convenient ‘one-stop shop’ for customers
- the first and only SunSystems provider to be accredited by the ICAEW as a training provider – ensuring the quality of staff training
- the first Making Tax Digital VAT solution for SunSystems to be HMRC-compliant.
What We Do
FinanSys is a one-stop-shop when it comes to accounting and business management solutions.
The company sells, implements, and supports a range of accounting and business management systems — from Infor SunSystems to Oracle NetSuite — each considered the best in its industry.
FinanSys’ SunSystems offering helps small and medium-sized organisations improve their ability to capture and view financial and non-financial data, supporting better business decisions.
FinanSys’ NetSuite products comprise a market-leading integrated cloud business software suite including business accounting, enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), eCommerce software, and professional services automation (PSA).
Below is a list of FinanSys’ core services:
- Implementation: FinanSys provides SunSystems and NetSuite implementation, from taking your systems requirements to kicking off the project, to post go-live and everything in between.
- Support: FinanSys prides itself on offering outstanding SunSystems and NetSuite support services. The team takes a personal approach to support with a support desk that is experienced and full of talents from various backgrounds.
- Consultancy: FinanSys’ team of seasoned professionals provide expert help and guidance to ensure your success whether you’re implementing a new solution, upgrading an existing system, or adding new modules.
- Training: FinanSys’ training and courses ensures all end-users get the maximum benefit from their FMS and ERP investments.
FinanSys currently has over 50 staff on board, spread across as follows:
1. Operational Delivery
Manned by staff members who are industry specialists, the Operational Delivery department ensures customer success.
From new implementations to new modules, FinanSys’ experienced team are there to support you through your project. Once live, the support team takes over the reins offering business as usual support 24 hours
2. Sales and Marketing
The Sales and Marketing department is responsible for driving the business forward. They pair FinanSys with the right customers to ensure the company can give you their best and you can rely on them as partners.
Our team of experts are here to help guide prospective customers through the process of finding out how SunSystems and NetSuite can improve business processes. They also help existing users to ensure they’re getting the most out of the system as their business continues to evolve and grow.
3. Research and Development
The R&D department is the focal point of FinanSys’ approach to innovating in financial and business management technology. Headed by the Managing Director himself, the team regularly strategises on new ways FinanSys could better serve customers.
FinanSys’ Finance department is responsible for administrating all financial activities of FinanSys, such as budgeting and forecasting corporate and operational expenses. The team also updates the management with regular financial reports on the status of the business.
5. Human Resources
The Human Resource department is responsible for recruiting and retaining high-quality staff members and making sure all of FinanSys’ employees are well trained and satisfied with their jobs. Moreover, the department provides support to employees in relation to administrative affairs such as staff training, performance appraisals, human resource risk management and staff benefits.
FinanSys has reached many milestones over the years. These milestones are indicative of our commitment to providing our customers with outstanding financial software solutions and automation:
|1998||Founding of FinanSys|
|1999||First major win, European wide roll out of SunSystems for SITA (World’s largest provider of air transport infrastructure and communications)|
|2001||First employees join the business growing the consulting team|
|2002||Successful completion of the SITA project|
|2003||Became a SunSystems Distributor – as well as implementing SunSystems we can now sell and support SunSystems|
|2004||Opening of our first Head Office in the City of London, since then we have had a continuous Head Office presence in the square mile, moving only three times in almost 20 years from Aldgate to Bishopsgate to Monument and onto our present office near Bank|
|2009||Became an Infor Channel Partner – enhancing our partnership to work closely with the authors of SunSystems|
|2011||First-ever organisation to sell, implement and support SunSystems Version 6, providing us with advanced SunSystems expertise to this day|
|2012||Launch of FinanSys Cloud, the first-ever dedicated SunSystems Cloud Hosting Service, we have a long-established understanding of running, managing and maintaining cloud services|
|2013||First-ever sale and successful implementation of ION for SunSystems providing us with expertise and advanced integration experience with SunSystems|
|2015||Opening of our second office in the UK, situated at Runcorn|
|2017||Foundation of our Research and Development department, many exciting and game-changing finance software applications to be developed in the years ahead|
|2018||Establishment of our West Africa operation, to better serve the region and help in our 24-hour support and global coverage|
|2019||Establishment of our Indonesia office for coverage of the Middle East and Asia and starting our 24-hour support functioning from Monday to Friday and Sundays|
|2020||FinanSys grows to 50 employees providing customers with a 24-hour operation based on adding expertise and value to their financial software needs|
Where FinanSys is Going
FinanSys’ long-term view has meant that the organisation has been working since 2017 to take its collective expertise in implementing financial management systems, cloud technologies, and vast research to develop software that will benefit all its customers by automating financial and business processes and reducing the costs and overheads of running such systems.